It’s free and easy to get your Google virtual tour onto Facebook. These instructions will create a tab on your Facebook page which contains your tour. It looks like this:
You can move around the tour on Facebook using the white navigation arrows.
Go to The Grove Hotel’s page to have a play with their tour and see how yours would also work.
- A manager of the business’s Facebook page should log into their personal Facebook account.
- Then they should go to the woobox app and install it.
- At the prompt, the business page onto which the tour will be installed should be selected.
- You are then taken to a settings page, into which some html code must be inserted.
- Generate the code by going to your tour and navigating to the perfect starting point for the soon-to-be-embedded tour. Then, click the three dots at the top left and then “share and embed” from the pop-up:
- Then click “embed image”, then “Custom size” in the drop down:
- Set custom height at 600 and width at 800. Copy the new html code.
- Paste the code into the woobox settings page and change other settings as you wish. Click save.
- The virtual tour tab can have more than one tour window – embed code as many times as you like.
- Once you’ve got your virtual tour onto Facebook your visitors can enjoy moving around just like on your site or on Maps. Enjoy.
- EDIT: Only admin can see the Woobox “admin options” (green bar) at the top of the newly created tour tab window.
- EDIT 2: You can see how many views your tour has had under settings.. useful.
Please drop me a line if something is wrong with these instructions. Google, Facebook and Woobox change details frequently – although normally not by much.